Friday, August 11, 2006

Changing lanes

It has been 2 months since my last blog and a lot has happened meanwhile. I quit the first company that cared to hire me some 2 years ago sometime in April 2004 (how they did it is a nice story which I will share sometime later).

I've moved from Chennai to Bangalore and have to deal with staying away from home, washing my own clothes, post job-switch dissonance, bed bugs etc. I moved to get away from my comfort-zone which, is when inhabited for too long can lead to stagnation according to people with more intelligence than I.

2 months later I seemed to have found my comfort-zone again in a slightly different sense. I think I'm doing the same things professionally the only difference being that I'm staying in a different city. I still go late to work, I still wear casuals 4 days a week (it was 5 earlier), I still never start real work until after lunch, I'm usually one of the last persons to leave office etc. Which leaves me wondering as to what I should change next?

No comments: